Monday, January 26, 2009

The Beginning of a New Album

I've been trying for about 4 months now to start this new album of our month long trip this past summer. I know if I don't get moving on it, I won't remember all those little details that I wanted to journal about.

Part of the problem was finding just the right album. I finally found a K&Co. album on sale at Michaels. The thing I like about it is that it comes with all kinds of accessories to go with it....ribbons, mat pads, sticker letters etc. I really wanted that cohesive look through out the whole album...so it was perfect!

I find it hard to find papers that aren't too feminine or flowery. Although that is probably what I'm drawn to, I don't think my boys would approve!.


I wish I had taken more actual travel picture. I just had a couple . But I was able to fit my list of car plates that we saw along the way!














I really love this paper....I think it makes the
whole page! I have been trying to do more
pages with few pictures to allow more space
around them. My usual style would be to
cram as many pics as I can on a page!













This was another tricky one...it covered quite a few pictures of stalactites etc. that I didn't think the majority of people would find that exciting....but our memories just the same. I think the circles kind of make it a bit more interesting.










I really like the way this page turned out. I like the mix of all the different papers...almost collage like. And I really like how it's on a bit of an angle...I'm going to have to try that again on another page.

That's it for now....gonna keep plugging away at this...I'll keep you posted!




No comments: