Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Scrappy Lap Quilt.....done!

PDRM0597

My first quilt....done!  I think it took about 2 hours to stipple quilt the entire thing. I can see why everyone says to practice, practice,practice! It takes some time to get the feel of the machine and the fabric. Even with a lap size quilt it is easy to get hung up on just about anything, and with the feed dogs dropped, your needle can move anywhere, anytime. I think another time I may try doing a smaller stippling. But over all I'm happy with my first run.

PDRM0600

The back side. Using a pattern allowed some forgiveness if my stitches weren't quite right. It also gave me a chance to use up the few scrap blocks I had leftover.

PDRM0606 

It is all bound with a my favourite blue and white striped fabric. I love the effect of striped fabric on binding!

Finished size: 42"x48"

No comments: