I finished sewing together my scrappy lap quilt top! It was made from all scraps....bits and pieces I've had forever. Many were scraps from recycled mens shirts.
The patchwork squares were made using strip paper piecing. It's the first time I've tried it, and I'm sure I'll do more. It was easy and fun, and a great way to use up scrap.
I've been reading a book "Quilt As Desired" which is all about machine quilting. She had some great advice about sandwiching the layers. She recommended using masking tape to tape down the back side, stretching it taut. Then layer the batting, and then the top. It worked wonderfully, keeping everything nice and tight. Well, I guess I shouldn't confirm this until I've actually quilted it, but it appears to work nicely!
So...next step...quilting! Stay tuned...