Friday, May 28, 2010

Red Thread.

I've been following the site of Rebecca Sower for a while now. You know how there are just some people that you can relate to...that seem to pump out the same crafty things that you really enjoy and appreciate. Well, that happened this week on her site and I thought I would pass along all the creative goodness she shared this week. I wish I had thought of these all by myself!

Here is what she say at the beginning of her RED THREAD series:

the 'red thread sessions' { part 01 }

I woke up yesterday morning thinking about red thread.  Odd, but true.  Maybe it's because the yummy red strawberries are in season here in Tennessee.  Or maybe it's because yesterday was my late seamstress grandmother's birthday.  Who knows, but we creatives don't have to have reasons for our constantly spinning minds do we?

PART ONE

A cute and simple gift tag...adorable.

You-tag-slide-03

PART TWO

I like this idea of taking an article of clothing that you already own and making it into something a little more special and unique. And, the dress form is pretty cool too!

Skirt-slide-01

Love the button detail.

Skirt-slide-05

PART THREE

Writing with thread. I think this one might be a little more tricky than it looks...depending on what type of machine you use. This would be so sweet framed.

Quietness-slide-01

PART FOUR

Crocheted red thread necklace with beads....I like. You could do a bracelet as well.

Necklace-slide-02

PART FIVE

Vintage doily applique...enhanced with red thread. I think this would be cute attached to a bag or a t shirt, or ....anything.

Doily-final

 

Doily-zoom

So...there you have it...five days of read thread fun. If you want some more details on any of Rebecca's projects, head on over to her blog....it's fun!  http://rebeccasower.typepad.com/rs_out_of_hand/

No comments: